I am often asked about the best skincare routine for different skin types. The answer is that it depends on your skin type and concerns. In this blog post, I will provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to create the best skincare routine for your skin type using the best suited products for the task.
Step 1: Determine Your Skin Type
The first step in creating a skincare routine is to determine your skin type. There are five main skin types: oily, dry, combination, sensitive, and normal. You can determine your skin type by washing your face with a gentle cleanser, patting it dry, and waiting for an hour. After an hour, examine your skin and determine which of the following categories it falls under:
- Oily skin: Your skin appears shiny and feels greasy to the touch.
- Dry skin: Your skin feels tight and flaky.
- Combination skin: Your skin is oily in some areas and dry in others.
- Sensitive skin: Your skin is easily irritated and may appear red or inflamed.
- Normal skin: Your skin is well-balanced and does not appear oily or dry.
Step 2: Choose the Right Products
Once you have determined your skin type, it’s time to choose the right products for your skincare routine. There is a wide range of products that are suitable for different skin types. Here are my recommendations with some of my favourite products that I recommend to my clients:
- Oily skin: our skin appears shiny and feels greasy to the touch. You may also experience acne breakouts. If you have oily skin, you should look for products that are oil-free and non-comedogenic.
- Use a Cleanser that will help unclog pores and prevent acne breakouts. Also use a Pore Minimizing Toner to help reduce the appearance of pores. My recommendations: Rosa Graf AMINTAmed Wash and AMINTAmed Tonic or the Lady Esther Silky Way Cleansing Gel and Silky Way Cleansing Lotion.
- Look for products that are oil-free and non-comedogenic.
- Avoid using heavy creams or lotions that can clog your pores. Some recommendations are the products found at here
- Dry skin: If you have dry skin, you should look for products that are hydrating and moisturizing.
- Use a Gentle Exfoliating Scrub to help remove dead skin cells and promote cell turnover. Some excellent choices are the Lady Esther Apricot Peeling or the Rosa Graf Thalasso Peeling
- Look for products that are hydrating and moisturizing.
- Use a Hydrating Mist throughout the day to keep your skin hydrated.
- Avoid using hot water when washing your face, as it can strip your skin of its natural oils.
- Use a Rich Moisturizer at night to help repair and nourish your skin. I highly recommend the Keenwell Aquasphera Moisturizing Day Cream and the Aquasphera Triple Action Intensive Night Cream. Another excellent choice the Lady Esther 24 hour cream Hyaluron Cream with 3 FREE Ampoules
- Combination skin: If you have combination skin, you should look for products that balance your skin’s oil production and provide hydration.
- Use a Glycolic Acid Toner to help exfoliate and brighten your skin.I recommend to my clients the Rosa Graf Cleansing Milk and Tonic,
- Look for products that balance your skin’s oil production and provide hydration.
- Use a Lightweight Moisturizer in the morning to avoid clogging your pores.Try the Lady Esther Special Moist or the Hyaluron Emulsion
- Use a Hydrating Moisturizer at night to help nourish your skin. The Rosa Graf Perfect Boost Hyaluronic Cream is a perfect choice.
- Avoid using harsh scrubs or exfoliants that can irritate your skin.I recommend the Rosa Graf Organic CellPeeling Yellow - which is an ideal all around peeling with small to medioun granules.
- Sensitive skin: If you have sensitive skin, you should look for products that are gentle and fragrance-free.
- Use a Hyaluronic Acid Serum to help hydrate and soothe your skin. I highly recommend the Lady Esther Hyaluron Serum or the Encapsulated Skin Revitalization ampules
- Look for products that are gentle and fragrance-free.
- Use a Gentle Cleanser to avoid irritating your skin. The Lady Esther Sensitive Liquid Cleanser and Sensitive Liquid Lotion are very good choices
- Avoid using products that contain alcohol or other harsh ingredients.
- Use a Soothing Moisturizer to help calm and protect your skin. The Sensitive Lightweight Cream or the Keenwell Hydrosphere H2O are excellent choices.
- Normal skin: If you have normal skin, you should look for products that maintain your skin’s balance.
- Use a Vitamin C Serum to help brighten and even out your skin tone.My absolute favorite in this respect is the Keenwell OXIDANCE Anti-Oxidative Stress Concentrated Serum
- Look for products that maintain your skin’s balance. You have many excellent products to choose from. My recommendation is the Royal Jelly & Ginseng Super Moisturizing Anti Fatigue Day Cream and Royal Jelly & Ginseng Energizing Revitalizing Night Cream
- Use a Balancing Cleanser to keep your skin clean and refreshed. There is a great selection of cleansers and tonics to choose from. I recommend the Lady Esther Soft Cleansing Gel and Soft Skin Lotion which are excellent for all skin types.
- Use a Hydrating Moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated. One of the products I always recommend to my clients is the 24 hour Rosa Graf Perfect Boost Hyaluronic Cream
It is absolutely imperative, no matter what your skin type, to use a Sunscreen with at least SPF 30 or better SPF 50 to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
Step 3: Follow the Right Order
The order in which you apply your skincare products is important. Here is the correct order:
- Eye cream
- Sunscreen (in the morning)
I hope you find this blog post helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.